Monday, March 4, 2019

My Current Beauty Wishlist

I purchased my first beauty item of the year a few days ago, and it's made me start reflecting on why I haven't yet bought other items on my wishlist. I'm not on a no buy or low buy, but I am trying to change my relationship with how and why I spend money in general. I want to be more aware of the items, not just beauty-related that I am bringing into my home. I find it encouraging that I went a full two months without buying any new beauty products, without little effort too.

I bought the Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer because (1) it's a daily staple for me, (2) it was 25% off with free shipping, and (3) I'm likely to run out in the next week or two. Ideally I would love for every purchase to be as much of a no-brainer as this one was. But realistically I know that's not likely to happen. Here are some things that have been on my wishlist for quite some time, and why I'm not buying them yet:

1.  Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight

This highlighter is easily the top item on my current wishlist. It first came to my attention when I watched David from the Sephora YouTube channel demonstrate it in a video a few months ago. Since I finished a highlighter in 2017, I have been on the hunt for a new, perfect-for-me highlighter. I have one highlighter right now, but my tastes have changed since I bought it. It functions just fine, but I continue pining for the Clinique one. It's been ages since I've used anything other than a powder highlight, but I'm eager to try out this Clinique one. 

So why haven't I bought it yet? Because it hasn't gone on sale yet. I feel like Clinique products are constantly on sale somewhere, but I have yet to see a straight percent off that includes this product. Most of the sales lately include a bag of products for spending so much money on Clinique products, but I don't need that extra stuff. And I don't need this highlighter right now either. I know the Sephora sale is coming around soon, so I'll patiently wait for that unless another store discounts it before then.

2. Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator 
3. Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

Both of these products are ones I've own previously and loved. I recently finished the Clinique moisturizer, and I didn't realize how much I would miss it once it was gone. I thoroughly enjoyed the refreshing feeling of putting it on soon after waking up in the morning. The Korres facial I have not owned for a few years. I keep putting off repurchasing it because of the price, but I am fairly certain that if I were given a gift card and had no other similar items at the time that I would purchase the Korres one in a heartbeat. 

But right now I do own similar items, to both of these products. I am currently using the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask and the Ole Henrisken C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme. The Glow Recipe mask had been on my wishlist for months before I finally bought it on a whim one day. The feeling reminds me a lot of the Clinique moisturizer, and I do enjoy the watermelon scent very much. I go back and forth on whether I want to own only one morning moisturizer and one evening moisturizer, or if I'm okay with having multiple to play around with. If I lean towards the latter, I would happily include this watermelon mask on my bedside table with the Clinique and Korres ones. 

The Ole Henriksen moisturizer, however, would not find a place there. It's not a bad product, but it just doesn't make me as happy as the other three. This moisturizer came in a set of with three other Ole Henriksen products: Truth Serum, Banana Bright Eye Creme, and Goodnight Glow Retin-ALT Sleeping Creme. Truthfully I only bought this set because of the C-Rush moisturizer and the banana eye creme. Price-wise it made more sense to me that buy the set of minis than the two products individually. Since doing so, I've learned that I'm just not an eye creme person and that I prefer those other moisturizers instead. I'll finish the products though because there is nothing wrong with them, but I look forward to buying the ones that make me more excited once these are finished.

4. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Lucky

I have come so close to purchasing this eyeliner for months now. I almost even bought it when I purchased that primer the other day. It would have been 25% off, which isn't as good as the 50% off that I've seen on them recently, but I still did not buy it. A few years ago, before I became more conscious of beauty spending, I would have easily already bought this eyeliner. I think that a copper eyeliner like this one would look wonderful against my hazel eyes and would pair well with the Urban Decay Petite Heat palette that I own and adore. However, I haven't been wearing eyeliner as much as usual lately, and I already possess a wonderful array of colors, including Anatomy an orange that is quite similar to Lucky. Anatomy also would pair well with Petite Heat, but I've rarely pulled for it in the last few months. (Now that I'm thinking about it though, I feel like I should add it to my next makeup bag.)



No comments:

Post a Comment