Monday, August 12, 2019

One Little Spark of Inspiration

I haven't worn much makeup in the last few weeks. It seems odd to say that, considering I've managed to still post consistently. But looking back on my last few blog posts, there has definitely been a theme of discouragement.

It's been hard to find the time to put on makeup lately. I used to do it in the morning, sitting on the floor with my toddler. I love how excited she gets when I bring out my makeup bin, but she's reached the stage now where she knows how to open and destroy things quickly. It used to be our special bonding time, but after having a few items ruined, I've been more cautious with doing my makeup in front of her.

That said, I received my Sydney Grace shadows in the mail late last week and have thoroughly been enjoying them. It's almost like they've reignited my interest in makeup. I'm not sure how much of it is getting something new in general and how much is getting something I've been wanting for quite a while. I'd like to think it's more of the latter, but it's also been a few months since I've bought a makeup item.

I bought four shadows: Haystack, Geese A Laying, French Hens, and Embrace. These colors are basically the ones I fell in love with thanks to ABH Subculture. I have been waiting to find the perfect yellow for me, and both Haystack and Geese a Laying have answered that challenge. French Hens is reminiscent of Subculture's Roxy, a shade I never thought I would like but quickly became one of my favorites when I was exploring Subculture as a palette two years ago. Embrace doesn't have a Subculture equivalent, but it works splendidly well with the rest of my single shadows.

So far, I've only paired the shadows with Petite Heat, but it's so interesting how both the yellows (Haystack and Geese a Laying) and the pinks (French Hens and Embrace) are complemented so well by that palette. I'm looking forward to exploring them more and pairing them with my Mac and Urban Decay singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment