Monday, April 15, 2019

Remembering and Culling My Sephora Loves List

With the Sephora sale coming in the next few weeks, I thought it might be interesting to try to remember what all is on my Sephora Loves List. I use my Loves List in multiple ways: as an actual wishlist, a running list of things to swatch next time I see them, and an intermediate shopping cart. It's been some time since I fully scrolled through my Loves List, and I think it's past time that I cull the majority of it. I'm curious how many groups of products I'll remember.

First, I know that the most recent items added to it are a handful of Sephora Collection products: a watermelon brush cleaning set, a banana rinse-off face mask (maybe a mint too?), a watermelon hand scrub, and three of the normally-$4 gel pod face masks that went on clearance. I added these in the last week or so. I don't remember what prompted me to search either watermelon or banana, but I do remember being intrigued that there were so many new fruit-themed products. Of these, the only one I will be keeping is the watermelon brush cleaning set. I have passively been wanting a brush mat for years now, and while the other things tempt me, I know I have enough face skincare already and I'm not likely to use the hand scrub enough to justify it.

The next items are probably from when I was trying to figure out which Urban Decay shadows I was going to buy during Ulta's 21 days. (I find it much easier to keep one visual list at Sephora than spread out across multiple sites.) All of these are getting axed from the list. I already chose and purchased the ones that meant the most to me.

Now here is where things are going to get rough with remembering. I think the last group of products I added willy-nilly was highlighters. I was so intent on finding the perfect subtle highlighter that I added anything that looked even remotely interesting in an online swatch to remind myself to swatch it in person next time I was in store. Now that I've purchased the Clinique chubby stick, I can get rid of the others.

I feel like I went through a blush period right before this, but the only ones I can think of are the ones from Ciate that have been on my wishlist for ages. I have been interested in the Ciate blushes and highlighters since Lauren Mae Beauty first mentioned them on her channel over a year ago. It's time to cut them from the Loves List though. I rarely buy something without swatching it first, and the brand is just not available in my city or the two cities I'm likely to visit this year. Those blushes and highlighters have been camping out on my Loves List for so long that I highly doubt I would forget to swatch these products if I ever happened upon them in the wild.

At one point, Sephora Pro brushes were frequently part of the Weekly Wow sale. so I remember going through all the brushes and hearting the ones that I might be interested in at half price. All of these are going to be cut. I don't need to be wrapped up in hoping something might go on sale one day.

As far as individual items, I remember adding a trio of mini eyeshadow sticks from Nudestix that I saw last time I went in store. I hadn't considered anything other than powder eyeshadows in over five years, and I really liked the colors in that set. I'm fairly certain the Urban Decay eyeliner in Lucky is still on there, even though I go back and forth on whether I really want it or not. And I know for sure that the Dior Absolutely Blooming perfume is on there because I've lusted over that perfume for two years at least.

And now to check...

There were 52 products on my Loves List. Here are some that I forgot and reasons why I'm unhearting it:

  • Sephora Collection banana lip balm - I still haven't finished my kiwi one.
  • Sephora Collection banana hand scrub - Can you tell I like banana yet? I still don't need a hand scrub though,
  • Sephora Collection watermelon brush set - I already have similar brushes and don't need the gimmick.
  • Sephora Collection color switch - I use the same or similar shades repeatedly and rarely would need to use this type of product.
  • Clinique Even Better Glow foundation - This is the only foundation I'm currently interested in, but I have no clue what shade I would be. If I have it in my Loves List, it looks like I've already found my shade, which is just not true. I don't think I'm going to forget about this foundation, and even if I do, that's fine too because I don't feel obligated to wear foundation anyway.
  • Sephora Collection foot mask - I doubt I would actually use this.
  • Urban Decay Optical Illusion primer - I buy this annually and usually from the Urban Decay site with a better discount. I don't need the reminder on my Sephora list.
  • Glow Recipe watermelon sleeping mask - I already bought this and don't see myself repurchasing it any time soon.
  • Clinique Chubby Lash mascara in Bodacious Honey - I added it because it was a cool color with an appealing brush, but I just don't wear mascara anymore. And if I did wear it on occasion, I would not spend more than $10 on a tube. 
  • Dior J'adore perfume - I don't even remember why this appealed to me. It was an easy unheart.
  • Make Up Forever Ultra HD foundation - This was my first foundation, and I've used up two bottles. But I'm just not interested in it now.
Things I kept on the wishlist, with comments on the things not aforementioned:


  • Sephora Collection Mini Watermelon Brush Cleansing Set
  • Nudestix Nude Metallics For Eyes
  • Nudestix Magnet Eye Color in Nudity - the color I like most from the trio
  • Pinrose Merry Maker - the notes say plum and nectarine and it's available to test out nearby
  • Korres Wild Rose Brightening Sleeping Facial - one day I'll repurchase this, but I always forget about it
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Lucky
  • Dior Absolutely Blooming rollerball
  • NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Intriguing - a reminder to myself to consider this one next time I want a new pink lipstick
So all in all, I was able to take my Sephora Loves List from 52 products to 8. I'd say that was a pretty successful adventure. It definitely doesn't feel overwhelming or cluttered anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment