Monday, October 21, 2019

Capturing My Attention

I've noticed a lot of talk in the beauty community this year about being fatigued with all the new releases. Trying to keep up with the number of items that are released each month is overwhelming, and I gave up that endeavor long ago. A few weeks ago Temptalia posed the question "How would a new brand or product capture your attention?" When I first saw that prompt, I found it intriguing and thought that answering it could help me solidify even further what I look for when purchasing a new makeup product. But here I am nearly a month later, and I'm still not much closer to answering the question.

Minis, or smaller sizes in general, would definitely catch my attention. I don't even look at big palettes anymore, so if I saw singles or a quad I would be more likely to take a closer look. Pencil eyeliners as minis would be even better. And if a product line had mini lipsticks that did not require you to buy a set and were in basic colors, that would definitely pique my interest.

The colors I'm most drawn to are typically neutral, boring colors. If a brand were known for their bright, out-there shades I probably wouldn't look more into them. I'm not in that stage of makeup development anymore where I want to try all the new things. I like my safe, boring neutrals now and know how to jazz them up in my own way.

 If I saw the product in person in a store like Sephora where I could swatch it, I would be more likely to buy it than if I saw it online. Perhaps the packaging would catch my eye too as I walked by in search for something else. Packaging does, after all, play a significant role in my value of a product.

Other than that, I'm really not sure how I would be captured by a brand. I don't typically seek out new brands to try anymore. I wait until I feel like I need something and then go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment