Monday, October 14, 2019

The Siren Call of Mini Sets

With the holidays quickly approaching my mind seems to be shifting its focus onto one thing: mini sets. For quite some time now I haven't really cared about all the palettes that get released, but there's something about the end of the year that makes me seek out new mini sets.

But here's the thing: I don't really need anything, especially not the types of things that typically come in mini sets. I think blush palettes can look gorgeous, but I'm already content with number and colors of singles I own. And while I love seeing what lipstick colors are released in cute little trios, I rarely like all the colors that come in a set. (And of course as soon as I said that I had to go check if NARS had a set of Velvet Matte Lip Pencils again this year. They do. But I already own one of the four in the set. and at least two of the others are permanents that I hadn't previously considered buying. It's a easy skip for me, but that just further proves my point of how intrigued I am by mini sets this time of year.)

Even skincare is the same this year. As much as I love getting minis to test out new skincare, I don't want to try anything new right now. I love the products I'm already using and instead have been seeking out sales to buy the full size versions.

The only thing I can even think about considering as far as mini sets go is an eye pencil trio from Nudestix. But even then, I honestly don't know how much I would use them. I don't use cream shadows now as is, so I wonder how and how often I would incorporate them into my routine. I've been wanting to try them for months now though, but I know there's likely an underlying reason why I just haven't bought any yet. I've definitely had the opportunity to purchase them; I just haven't yet.

So why do I keep browsing through all the sets? Why do I want to know what's available if I know I'm not going to buy anything? I have nobody to buy makeup for, so it's not even like I'm buying them for gifts. I need to be more mindful of the time I spend browsing. My time could be better spent doing other things like completing a Duolingo lesson. Actually, I think that will be a goal of mine now. When I realize I'm spending too much time idly scrolling I'll learn some more Italian instead. That's a much better habit to form, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment