Monday, July 22, 2019

A Small Annoyance of My Small Collection

When you have a smaller collection, I feel like it's more impactful when a product isn't currently on your good side. Don't like something? Just let it roll into the back of a drawer as you use other products instead. But when you only have around ten lipsticks it's hard to forget about that... one.

I spent weeks researching pink lipsticks before I purchased Stila Papillon. I lost count of how many lipsticks I swatched before I decided that Papillon was the right pink for me. And when I got it, it was. Just the right amount of pink with the right neutral tone with the right matte formula. I was so ecstatic, and I wore it so much. But now, months later, it's no longer my perfect pink. At least not right now.

I have one other pink, Revlon Blushed. It's about as opposite from Papillon as I can get while still adhering to my makeup preferences. Blushed is a beautiful light pink pearl lipstick. But here's the thing: it doesn't fill that desire that my currently dislike for Papillon has created.

If I had a larger collection I could easily play around with different pink lipsticks. I could have a week- or a month-long project of wearing a different one every day. But I don't have that luxury, nor do I want it. I purposefully chose all my lipsticks (though technically Blushed was much more of an impulse purchase), and I know that they're the ones I decided on for a reason.

Even though Papillon is not on my favorites list right now doesn't mean it won't be in a few months. I keep telling myself that I'll get excited about Papillon again once the weather gets cooler, when I'm wearing more mauves and purples and less oranges and coppers. In my mind, Papillon just doesn't pair with Petite Heat. And that's okay. I'm learning to play with different colors instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment