Monday, September 23, 2019

Choices, Not Collection

Well, I did it. On Saturday, I bought the two eyeliners I was considering to restart my eyeliner choices. I started to write collection, but I really think choices is a better way to put it. I don't want to have a collection again. I don't want to feel the need to have a wide array of colors because someone tells me I should. Why should it affect me if someone online has a cup full of eyeliners? Maybe she doesn't even like the ones I do.

It's funny how that drive to participate in the beauty community can affect you. Even though I told myself before Saturday that I was only going to buy Rockstar and Lucky I still found myself wanting to consider other colors. I didn't really catch myself doing it either until I started considering Mainline. Mainline. That tealish-blue color that I sometimes thought about wearing but basically never did. It's a pretty color, but it's totally not my style. I had owned it for about 800 days and had likely worn it less than ten times. 

That's one of the reasons I decided to only buy two eyeliners this time. I want to use them, like really use them. Even though I loved Rockstar and easily called it my favorite eyeliner, I only used half of my previous one in the nearly four years that I owned it. Putting the old and new side by side today totally shocked me; I seriously thought I had used much more than I had. 

So that's why I'm moving from a collection to just having choices. I'm the kind of person who only wants a few choices. So many of my makeup categories only have one or two choices already, and it was time to make that switch with my eyeliners as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment