Monday, September 16, 2019

To Replace or Not

Truth be told, I haven't been wearing makeup much recently. I've thought about it a few times, but the desire hasn't been strong enough to actually go pick up my basket and start the process. The few times I have worn makeup recently it almost always has lacked eyeliner. It feels weird because a few years ago eyeliner was easily my favorite makeup category. It was the first category that I truly cared about enough to specifically choose colors and formulas before purchasing.

So, why am I telling you this? Because this upcoming Saturday, my favorite eyeliners will be on sale for half off. If you've been reading this blog for some time, you probably already know how long I've been wanting to buy Urban Decay's Lucky. When I first saw the Urban Decay eyeliners were going to be on sale, I decided that I would buy Lucky and no others. I do not need any other colors, and I love the colors that I already own.

But then I started thinking about how much I enjoy my eyeliners but how little I use them nowadays. I realized I haven't worn them much lately because when I do my eyes often hurt. It seems silly to admit it now, but it took that realization to recognize how long I've had my eyeliners. In fact, I just pulled up my purchase history, and I'm shocked:

  • Lancome Lamé - April 2018
  • UD Anatomy - June 2017
  • UD Mainline - April 2017
  • MUFE M-60 - November 2016
  • UD Invasion - December 2015
  • UD Rockstar - not listed, but it's my oldest eyeliner... November 2015?
No wonder I've been having issues when I wear eyeliner lately! It's high time that I replace my eyeliners. I can't believe I've had some for almost five years. This just solidifies my decision to chuck them all and just buy Lucky and a replacement Rockstar. Eventually I may replace Lamé and M-60, but I really want to see how I handle having only two eyeliners. I know I'm not going to miss Mainline or Invasion; I barely wore them, and they were definitely aspirational items. Lucky can basically act as a replacement for Anatomy, so I'm not concerned about missing that one either. 

In fact, the only thing that I really worry about it is that I'm not going to wear these either. I don't want to buy more makeup just to cling onto the idea that it's still my hobby. But perhaps that is a reflection for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment