Monday, December 2, 2019

I Stuck to My List

It feels like my interest in makeup is finally starting to return, and I'm so happy about that. I think that making my Black Friday wishlist early was one of the best decisions I could have made.

I ended up buying only the Clinique cleansing balm, just like I had mentioned wanting, and I even got it for half off, which was a far better deal than I was expecting. Because of deciding early on in the month what my gameplan was going to be, I found it so much easier to stick to my list.

So how does this relate to me getting interested in makeup again? Oddly enough, it was from reading about people who were stressed out about their Black Friday purchases. It made me appreciate the items I already own even more.

I was so proud of myself for not getting caught up in the sales hype and instead sticking to what I knew in my gut was right for me. I started looking at the container of makeup again, and that's when I realized that what I still own is entirely me. Sure, there are brands and products that are well-known, but I don't have the specific items that YouTubers consider "must haves."

A few years ago I would have been scouring ads and watching countless wishlist and favorites videos to find the "best" deals. I would have been so excited to post a haul list on Reddit and compare it to others.

Nowadays though I see haul posts that seem like bigger than whole inventory, and I'm just shocked. Shocked at how much my mindset on makeup has changed. I don't need a lot to be happy. In fact, I actually prefer fewer choices.

But my favorite thing I've learned this week is that the "best deal" is all subjective, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment